The DBWC hosted an exclusive event to it members around theDIFC Wills and Probate Registry and was facilitated by Nida Chaudhry who is a qualified lawyer working for TWS Legal Consultants in Jumeirah Lakes Towers - Dubai, a proactive law firm, offering in depth expertise in Wills, Estate Inheritance, Succession Planning, Family and Corporate matters.
Nida is well-experienced in the preparation and procedures of DIFC Wills and is suitably qualified to advise both Muslim and non-Muslim individuals on the laws that apply in the UAE and how an individual’s family and assets can be protected. Nida fully understands the complexity of family dynamics and inheritance issues in Shari’ah jurisdictions as well as the UAE. TWS is privileged to be part of the working panel which created the DFIC WPR and have successfully registered a high number of wills at the DIFC. TWS is Licensed by the Government of Dubai Legal Affairs Department and registered with the Dubai International Financial Centre Courts’ Register of Legal Practitioners
The session covered the following points:
• What does the DIFC Will cover and what are the requirements of DIFC Will?
• Who can obtain a DIFC Will? We will look at sponsorship, visas, asset location, and testator conditions.
• One year later: who is signing up for the DIFC Wills?
• Key insights into the drafting process – what to include and not include
• Guardianship and Custody in the DIFC Wills – how to protect our children, and their inheritance
• Risks and uncertainties around the DIFC Will and how to handle them
• Registration process – how to register a DIFC Will
• Amendments – how to amend a DIFC Will
• Preventative tools: Plan ahead with a Power of Attorney and other tips
For more details about the DBWC upcoming events visit our website www.dbwc.ae